Let’s be honest … Santa Claus takes ones focus off Jesus Christ – at a VERY Early age, there is no one flying around in a sleigh delivering presents through Chimneys. We all know that. Thus, it is in fact a Lie. Yep, an untruth.
You maybe saying and ready to hit me over the head , HEY thats not right – Santa clause is a fun fantasy. Santa Clause is fun for the children and something they can understand.
Let’s back that truck up for a moment, please : ) Do you truly think that a young child would not understand the warm , real , true story of the Birth of Jesus the Christ in a manger ?
Take a look at this: The Jesus Film for Children and ask yourself how nice this will be to gather together with some apple cider / hot chocolate and watch with my child / Children /Grand Children
Why do Parents not celebrate only the birth of Jesus Christ at Christmas and express to their children the truth about Santa Clause and teaching / sharing the reality ( truth ) of the birth of Christ with their children ?
The major problem about Santa Claus is it DINGS the foundation of trust the child has for its parents at – yes – again – a very young age. Think about this …. even though your children may never say anything to you ….
As they grow older ; Why / How could Mom and Dad lie to me – telling me for years Santa Clause was real ?
How do I know what they are saying to me now , is true ? They say Jesus Christ is real and I should believe in HIM, why , after all Santa Claus is not real… yet they said he was… Will I ever know ?
Remind yourself who is the father of all lies ? read John 8:44
- a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification. Antonyms: truth.
- something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture
- an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
- the charge or accusation of telling a lie
verb (used without object), lied, ly·ing.
- to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, Synonyms: prevaricate, fib.
- to express what is false; convey a false impression.